Assistant, Media Relations (FX Networks – New York, NY 10023)
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support to the VP of Media Relations and the New York Media Relations team. This position will assist with consumer print and electronic publicity for FX Networks programming. The Assistant will also proofread press materials and assist with premieres, press tours and other events.
• Provide administrative support for the NY-based VP of Media Relations and the NY Media Relations team, including answering phones, organizing meetings, maintaining schedules and records, making travel arrangements, completing expense reports, ordering supplies, booking conference rooms and other administrative duties.
• Work with LA-based department assistants/coordinators to track invoices, and obtain all necessary approvals for expenditures.
• Assist with NY-based premieres and events like New York Comic Con and the Upfront (e.g. submit guest to building security, escort talent, gather supporting elements, track press breaks, etc.).
• Assist with talent/producer conference calls, set visits and photo shoots.
• Draft itineraries and gather and edit press materials for media guides.
• Proofread and organize media guide drafts to provide collective feedback to designers.
• Assist in clip selections for talent appearances on talk shows.
• Research and build targeted media lists.
• Create and maintain status reports, track press breaks and update fact sheets.
• Send programming alerts to press.
• Hire, train and oversee New York interns.
• Four-year college degree required, preferably in communications or related field.
• Minimum 1 years' of work experience, preferably in television and/or publicity.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and superior interpersonal skills required.
• Must have strong reasoning skills and be solutions-oriented.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong grasp of social media is a plus.
• Able to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Able to multitask and prioritize, and recognize when to ask for direction.
• Must be motivated, highly organized, extremely detail oriented, personable, reliable and self-assured.
• Able to interact professionally with senior executives and media personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb762e-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.