Manager, Media Relations (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Manager of Media Relations to manage the daily implementation of public relations for assigned FX branded programming. This includes planning and implementing press and public relations-related objectives and programs, assisting with the strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, and cultivating media support and awareness of the company.
• Manage and execute the entertainment publicity campaigns for FX branded programs by identifying and developing creative news angles to publicize programming and special events.
• Spearhead talent press trips, set visits, special events/premieres, promotions, photo shoots, press tours, press junkets, TCA sessions and clip selections for talent appearances on talk shows.
• Assist with strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, press materials and press releases – brainstorm, research and pitch ideas.
• Work alongside VPs and directors in the department as a unit publicist, including traveling to the set of original programs to organize and manage media interviews.
• Actively seek and cultivate relationships with accredited television media.
• Write and edit press materials and media guides; maintain supporting documents including status reports, schedules, and talent contacts.
• Pitch red carpet press for premieres, and work all assigned events in L.A. and potentially other locations, helping to manage red carpet in advance and the night of the event.
• Assist in gathering and creating supporting materials for awards submissions (i.e. clip selections, press quotes, proofing mailers and trade ads) in support of Awards team.
• 4 year college degree in Communications and/or related field required
• Minimum of 4 – 5 years previous experience in television publicity at a network or agency preferred.
• Excellent understanding of effective media relations practices, and working knowledge of television and entertainment media reporters is required.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, and with various personalities tactfully and professionally.
• Must be self-motivated, autonomous, and proactive, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Must be highly organized, detail-orientated and able to prioritize workload.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of media opportunities on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok a plus.
• A team player with a sound work ethic and able to preserve confidentiality, open to greater challenges and new responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33oox-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.