Jr. Editor (FX Networks)
FX Networks is seeking a Junior Editor who will be tasked with assisting current staff editors with preparation and execution of editorial projects, maintaining editorial workspaces, assembling episodes from dailies and building rough cuts of promotional materials.
• Working independently or in collaboration, responsibilities include ingesting, script review, brainstorming, string outs, editing, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, sweetening, and onlining.
• Deliver promotional materials that are: creative, engaging, effective, and on-brand.
• Projects include all forms of marketing materials, including episodic promotions; program launch promotions; acquired & original movie promotion; network marketing & ad sales projects; design editing and compositing; music and sound design editing; color correction and finishing.
• Supports senior editorial staff with file maintenance, workspace maintenance, logging footage, assembly of episodes and assembly of rough cuts of promotional materials.
• Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with motion graphics & design staff, operations & scheduling personnel, and fellow editorial staff within FX Networks.
• Accountable for sound project management, including the archiving of footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
• College graduate preferred.
• 2+ years experience in marketing post-production editorial and/or commercial editing utilizing Avid Media Composer.
• Exceptional technical skills and understanding of the procedures, processes and editorial protocols.
• Must be savvy in Avid and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment.
• Basic understanding of network television promotions and procedures.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
• Must be proficient in applicable software applications (Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
• Excellent organizational skills, working with deadlines and attention to detail are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the US, and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand's current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9eko-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.