Editor, Content & Editorial (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a multi-genre creative force Editor to execute a wide range of editorial projects, including episodic promotions, program launch campaigns, network marketing reels and ad sales projects. The Editor must possess the skills to take a project from inception through final delivery. This positon requires film, video, audio, and visual effects post production experience as well as strong marketing instincts.
• Working solo or in collaboration with a writer/producer or creative executive, deliver promotional materials that are creative, engaging, effective, on-brand and delivered on deadline.
• Projects include all forms of marketing materials. Specific skills required include: ingesting, script review, brainstorming, editing, selecting, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, music editing and mixing, sweetening, on-lining and deliver of promotional materials.
• Manage projects from start to finish, including archiving footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with motion graphics and design staff, operations and scheduling, fellow editorial colleagues, and outside resources.
• College graduate preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing post production editorial and/or commercial editing.
• Creative and technically skilled with a thorough understanding of network television promotions and editorial procedures.
• Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment. Familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques.
• Proficient in applicable software applications: Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
• Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkjv3-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.