Director, Media Relations (FX Networks– Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Director of Media Relations to manage the daily implementation of public relations activities for assigned FX programs, including overseeing the launch of new shows, planning and implementing press and public relations-related objectives and programs, assisting with the strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, and cultivating media support and awareness of the company.
• Oversee publication of assigned shows, act as a unit publicist, going on the set of FX original shows to help organize interviews.
• Develop and pitch viable stories to editors/reporters for assigned shows.
• Write and edit press materials and press releases.
• Schedule and conduct press conferences, interviews and tours.
• Occasionally help pitch red carpet press for show premieres, and work all events (as necessary), helping to manage red carpet the night of the event.
• Oversee talent relations for assigned shows.
• Work closely with marketing department on creation and distribution of publicity materials, and ensure webmaster has proper updated and timely information about network programs and talent.
• Assist with strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, working closely with VPs.
• Four year college degree in Communications or related field is required.
• Minimum 7 years previous experience in Media/Public Relations field, in television, network or studio industry a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be organized, solution –oriented and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznpwq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.