Manager, Global Indie TV, Preschool & Licensing Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Business Affairs (FX Networks –Los Angeles, CA)
FX Networks is seeking a Director of Business Affairs to provide support to FX Productions through the negotiation of a myriad of service deals and acquisition of intellectual property rights. The Director will also draft, review and negotiate agreements related to the production, distribution, and acquisition of original programming.
• Negotiate a high volume of service deals for a wide variety of programming, including scripted, animated, documentary and non-scripted.
• Negotiate to signature actor ''test option'' agreements within limited time lines and monetary ranges set by casting and the production budget.
• Analyze contracts in response to business questions, as well as provide necessary contractual/research information to FX executives.
• Act as production counsel with legal executives, for series produced by FX Productions in response to all business and legal questions, including clearance and guild issues.
• JD degree and active member of CA bar or eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46).
• Minimum 3-5 years prior transactional television experience at a network, studio, production company, agency or entertainment law firm.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and negotiation skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle moderate to advanced level reasoning tasks.
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft office applications including, Word and Excel.
• Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional and helpful manner.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8158-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes.