Senior Manager, Business Development and Partnerships, Americas - Funimation
Funimation is looking for an outstanding Senior Manager of Business Development and Partnerships to join our Global Partnerships team. This role will report into the Executive Director of Business Development and Partnerships.
In this role, you'll identify and negotiate deals with prospective partners that are relevant to Funimation's growth in the US as well as driving value from existing partnerships. You'll play an important part in defining and delivering on our partner strategy and priorities for North America while growing our LATAM business. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences anime through our direct to consumer service - Funimation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Help to define partner strategy and priorities, analyzing existing partnerships and identifying new partnership opportunities that unlock additional value and subscriber acquisition for Funimation
• Focus on strategic verticals for growing the anime audience base for Funimation including: telco, gaming, e-sports, consumer brands and more
• Be the lead liaison between Funimation and our LATAM based partners
• Identify, structure, negotiate, close and manage strategic deals with partners that are relevant to Funimation's growth and vision in US, Mexico and Brazil while managing a pipeline of prospective partnerships
• Work closely with marketing, legal, product and engineering teams on various initiatives for approvals / implementation
• Partner closely with creative and marketing teams on branded partnerships that will drive growth for the business
• Build credibility within partner organization, becoming the 'go to' person for partners' needs in LATAM, select partners for US and defining and executing on the long-term partner relationship, ensuring that Funimation's commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on the partner's dedications
• US based role - LA (Remote for now)
WHO YOU ARE
• You have minimum 5-6 years significant experience in business development and/or strategic partnerships in the digital media/technology space, with a ready contact list
• You are a hunter who understands the intricacies of global partnership deals
• You have successfully closed deals and managed complex partnerships with large companies, demonstrating an ability to think strategically about complex business issues and recommend and execute strategic action plans
• You have experience and an understanding of working in a dynamic, ever-changing, multi-cultural environment with a track record of results and a collaborative mindset
• You are an articulate professional with exceptional communication skills and strong influencing abilities who is comfortable interfacing with all levels of management (internally and externally) and is able to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes
• You are a creative and strategic thinker with problem solving mindset and analytical skills. You pay attention to details and have the ability to see the end game of each business opportunity.
• You have a demonstrated track record of self-motivated performance and perseverance – you take the initiative and stay motivated for the long term win
• You have a strong facility for negotiating contracts, interpreting legal documents, and working with lawyers to complete agreements in a timely manner
• You are willing to get your hands dirty on the nitty gritty aspects of partnerships
• You are fluent in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
• You have a BA/BS degree with outstanding academic performance; MBA a plus
• Love for anime and gaming is a plus
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios