Director, Global Animation Talent Acquisition
Culver City, CA
People Partner, FUNIMATION
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The People Partner will serve as a trusted resource for our leaders and teams. The right person for this role will have successfully coached business leaders, managers, and team members, and is viewed as a credible and influential partner across their current organization. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment, are naturally curious, and are interested in working across Funimation to help us scale, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Partner directly with our senior leadership team and their leaders to achieve their business objectives through talent strategy
• Serve as a trusted advisor around any talent issues our teams are facing, including organizational design, role definition, career development, compensation, management & leadership coaching, change management, and in what ways to grow and scale.
• Work closely with our leaders on how to set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing and direct feedback.
• Partner with and advise leaders through the performance management process on your assigned team(s) including performance coaching and various employee relations issues
• Guide your teams through Funimation's existing and to-be-created talent processes and programs, including performance management and compensation reviews, headcount planning & organizational management, and succession planning.
• Gain deep knowledge on the unique talent challenges of your assigned team(s) and work with leaders and team members to address them. This will include career pathing/ job definition, retention strategies, learning and development solutions, and anything else having to do with retaining and engaging our talent.
• Identify trends and themes across the team and recommend modifications to existing talent programs and processes or, in some cases, the creation of new ones. Analyze and use data to guide decisions, in addition to what you know from being embedded within the team.
• Partner closely with other functions in the People team to ensure they are aware of organizational changes that could impact their work and have the right context to support the business well.
• Act as a culturally attuned, highly credible voice for the People team to the leaders of the team(s) you're supporting.
• Contribute to the People team; be a steward for Funimation culture and use the perspective of the team(s) you support to help drive broader talent initiatives
WHAT TO BRING:
• 5 or more years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role – namely manager coaching, handling employee relations issues, and advising on organizational design.
• Demonstrated successful partnerships with other Human Resources functions (i.e. Learning and Development, HR Operations, Recruiting, Facilities, Compensation, etc.)
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Organization Development, or relevant field
• Experience working directly with and supporting Executives/Business leaders
• Highly organized and efficient
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Facility with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and using data to drive decision-making
• Proven ability to adapt and quickly change direction when necessary in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
NICE TO HAVES:
• Experience at a Technology company or with another high-growth organization
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.