Director, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Culver City, CA
Associate, Contract Administration - Funimation
As part of Funimation's Content team, this role as Associate, Contract Administration will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, drafting and managing legal agreements for Funimation's growing slate of licensing content and productions.
You will skillfully negotiate and review agreements balancing the appropriate legal and business risks. This role will report to the Business Affairs Manager, and work in partnership with our Sales, Content teams, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Production and other stakeholders in exploiting rights of our content. The successful candidate is a critical thinker, proactive, effective communicator able to interpret and explain contractual requirements relative to associated risks, highly organized, and able to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing entertainment industry.
• Negotiation of complex deals and drafting of terms sheets with domestic/international licensees/distributors and Japanese licensors including
• content licensing, music clearance, co-productions, merchandising licenses, etc.
• Communicate the contractual risks and obligations to internal departments including Sales, Acquisitions, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Licensing, Production and international affiliate companies.
• Track deal terms and update negotiation status on internal tracking systems.
• Provide general business counsel and support in a rapidly changing business environment.
• Other duties as designated by management.
• At least 3 years Entertainment based licensing and business affairs experience.
• Passion for Anime, Japanese culture, Entertainment industry.
• Highly skilled at drafting and interpreting licensing agreements, co-production, etc.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.