SVP, SVOD Sales Premium Content
Culver City, CA
Account Manager, Partner & Management
Funimation is looking for an Account Manager, Partner & Management to drive success for our content partners in Japan as we scale our global organization. This role will report to the Director, Partner Management and work closely with our Acquisition, Brand Marketing and Finance to maintain a 360 view of the account. In this position, you'll build solid relationships with existing/new licensors in Japan while leveraging your excellent communication skills and solutions-oriented thinking. You'll be the escalation point whenever our partner faces the problems and you will identify their needs effectively and find the fundamental solutions through working closely with other departments. Analyzing viewership data, working with the IT department for the system enhancement and providing the system training to our partners are also a part of your responsibilities. You'll also maintain the calendar for assigned partners, schedule meetings with the finance team to verify the status of each royalty statement. As an account manager, you will collect key activities from multiple teams and provide a quarterly business review to our partners. The right person for this new role is a self-starter who understands Japanese culture well.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with assigned Licensors to better understand and achieve their needs.
• Work cross functionally within the company to communicate with all stakeholders to maintain a 360 view for key licensors.
• Maintain an open dialogue with licensors and assist with implementation of solution and reporting of our activities.
• Work with finance to oversee the process of sales/royalty reports and payments review; work with finance to ensure payments are accurate and are delivered on time
• Maintain the viewership dashboard for the licensor's view and work closely with the system development team for additional enhancements. Provide trainings to partners when needed.
• Prepare for business review reports with licensors outlining key value creation activities and addressing any concerns.
• Identify the issue, analyze the root of cause and propose the solutions to support internal stakeholders.
• 4+ years of account management experience in the entertainment industry.
• Understanding of license business, Japanese culture and the anime industry: the content, players and platforms.
• Experience with international business and understand the culture differences.
• Business level of Japanese (write/read/speak) is a mandatory requirement.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Strategic thinker; excellent project management skills.
• Flexible to work in different time zone as we deal with global teams.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing team member development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.