UI Technical Designer - skate.(Remote/Hybrid)
Location: Hybrid and Remote work options available across most North America locations.
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to provide an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
'This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.'
We are looking for an experienced UI Technical Designer to join the Skate team. You will report to a Producer who oversees our Technical Experience Designer job family.
• You will break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
• You will implement UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines
• Prototype in code with debug data to simulate game elements that can be user tested and profiled for performance
• Deliver final game ready components that are documented and ready to hand off to engineering
• Use proprietary software and third-party technology to implement the visual design of the UI + HUD within the game.
• You will work with our teams to refine workflows and polish the UI to achieve an excellent experience, from concept to ship.
• Collaborate with our engineers to define technical and data requirements.
• Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture with a goal of reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product.
• Technical Degree (CS, IT, SE, CE, or equivalent work experience)
• Proficiency in multiple programming languages: one of C/C++/C#/Java to a reasonable knowledge
• 2-5 years in video games or a similar industry, working in a technical UI capacity
• Shipped at least one high profile game or product as a technical designer, scripter or similar role
• Work with collaborative multidisciplinary teams
• Cleanly implement UI with designer tools and scripting language
• Maintain production pipeline, process, and workflow
• Track down problems in current systems, predicting problems in developing systems, producing test cases, and implementing fixes in systems and tools
• A desire for solving design problems and sharing your knowledge
• The ability to provide accurate estimates and flag when things need to be re-evaluated
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 - $141,800
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0o516-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.