As a Software Engineering on the Quality Engineering team, you will support Full Circle, a studio working on the new Skate title and Motive, a studio working on the remake of Dead Space.
As a member of the team, you will be a part of helping the studios adopt technologies to improve the way we work. You will build portable and scalable software that adds value to many teams at EA. We're looking for a generalist that is happy to 'jump in and learn' as the technology we work on can range from full stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions to working with AI. You will be given a lot of autonomy to do your best work and provided with supportive team environment.
You will report to the Associate Technical Director for Full Circle and Motive Quality Engineering.
What You Will Do:
• Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to implement tested, reusable, and modular code
• Evaluate and present new technology to the team and help us look for opportunities for innovation
• Create the right approach by understanding the technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and help us deliver value to the business
• Understand the reason behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
• Take ownership of technical design and implementation for a set of features
• Demonstrate ownership over your work, through your communication, by delivering quality and consistency
• Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
• Mentor other software developers
• Learn and add to the team's collective knowledge base
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• 5 years of industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and development process improvements
• Experience with .NET, C# and bonus if you have C++ experience
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
• Experience building platform-grade tools and services
• Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
• Experience creating system-level technical design and documentation
• Knowledge of the software life-cycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvppbm-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.