WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to provide an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
As a Senior Technical Gameplay Animator reporting to the Animation Director, you will:
• Specialize in the area of animation realization, focusing on the implementation process and architecture of character motion systems
• Work with the animation team to implement animation content using EA's proprietary gameplay engine and editor
• Work with the Animation Software Engineers, together with the Animation Director, to solve and implement technical gameplay animation challenges.
• Ensure that the animation team can achieve a high level of fluidity and believability with the animations at run time i.e. smooth transitions, natural weight shifts, variety and depth
• Ensure that the responsiveness and overall design of the characters motion conform to the goals of the design team
• Push the boundaries of believable character motion, from a technical implementation perspective – with a focus on marrying the characters to both their environments and the situations that they're in
• Help design and coordinate the animation workloads for the project (from a more technical perspective)
• Determine and estimate tasks
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Experience working on at least 2 AAA game titles
• 5+ years using proprietary animation tools and setting up animation state machines with an established game engine i.e. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine…
• Experience working on at least one title that shows more advanced locomotion/animation techniques, that your position has been important to realizing
• In-depth experience working with core animation implementation techniques, for example; motion matching, machine learning, parametric blends, additive and subtractive layers, partitioned animations, phase matching, IK solutions, ragdoll… (and numerous other procedural solutions)
• Experience working with both animation-driven and physics-driven gameplay systems
• Experience working with Motion Matching is a huge asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro90ep-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.