Senior Gameplay Designer - skate.(Hybrid/Remote)
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Designer to join the gameplay team, work in-engine to craft, tune, and improve intuitive physics-based gameplay mechanics for players of all skill levels and abilities. The ideal candidate has proficiency in visual scripting tools, and the ability to translate tuning values and game logic into mechanics that feel instantly satisfying to a broad range of players.
As a Senior Gameplay Designer reporting to the Lead Gameplay Designer, you will:
• Partner with the engineering & animation gameplay teams; collaborating with design leadership through all stages of development to implement and tune physics-based gameplay mechanics in-engine
• Design and author a dynamic camera system that clearly frames a wide variety of player states and actions
• Be active in communicating progress and resolution of problems setting clear guidelines and expectations for your peers.
• Develop documentation, craft prototypes and deliver final content for gameplay features and systems
• Promote the creation of processes and tools that reinforce the key goals of maintaining a small, sustainable team size and high numbers of iterations to achieve high gameplay quality
• Plan and prioritize feature task work for a pre- and post-launch live service product
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 5 + years of experience as a gameplay designer working on AAA & or mobile titles
• Visual scripting proficiency is an asset
• Comprehensive understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement innovative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
• Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing
• Proven experience and understanding of onboarding new players/users
• Experience with and understanding of long-term player habits and skill development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d543o3-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.