Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
KCPQ/KZJO is seeking a weather anchor/meteorologist to join our team. Candidate must use weather data from several sources to interpret and then verbally and visually present current weather conditions and forecasts in a clear, concise, credible and interesting manner in newscasts and during live and taped reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use station's weather equipment, radar and graphics effectively and creatively to produce and present weather information.
• Deliver information in a clear, understandable and pleasant voice, using proper phrasing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and emotional range.
• Work effectively live in studio, on location or in taped settings.
• Be active on social media; engage viewers; promote stories in newscasts and on websites.
• Effectively communicate emergency weather information to the public in a clear, calm and concise manner.
• Remain familiar with current weather technology, equipment and industry changes.
• Work on multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
• Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts.
• Work effectively with a team of studio personnel, including production techs, floor directors, and engineers.
• This job anchors weather Monday-Friday 430-6am and reports live in the field after 7am often on weather-related matters, features or even breaking news.
• This position also produces pkgs and other content for other newscasts, digital and social media.
• Act as ambassador for the station to foster public goodwill.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
• Display and maintain professional appearance and demeanor, based on newsroom standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work varied hours, overnight, mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled.
A minimum of five years' experience working as a weather anchor in a medium or large market preferred. Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science or related field preferred. Current or in process AMS Seal or NWS certification. Severe weather forecasting experience a plus. Working knowledge of weather and newsroom computers. Ability to ad-lib effectively with news anchors. Good news judgment and knowledge of fair and accurate journalism practices. Excellent people, writing and communication skills; must be a team player.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqokvz-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.