Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX 5 Atlanta (DMA #6) is hiring a Senior Newscast Producer to oversee our weekend newscasts and weekend digital/social coverage and line producing newscasts as assigned.
Does this sound like you? You're a proven, dependable leader who motivates and inspires those working with and for you. You're driven, quick-thinking, resourceful, energetic, and have a passion for news and information. You pivot quickly and keep your cool during stressful situations.
• Plans and supervises the production of afternoon and evening newscasts on Saturday and Sunday, determining content and coverage
• Collaborates with and oversees newscast producers, associate producers, assignment editors, reporters and photographers assigned to the weekend newscasts
• Evaluates work performance of newscast producers and associate producers assigned to the weekend newscasts
• Develops, implements and maintains standards of performance in writing, reporting, photography, editing and use of graphics on the weekend newscasts
• Line produces early weekend newscasts
• Line produces and writes scripts for weekday newscasts as assigned
• Line produces unscheduled news coverage as needed
• Utilizes a variety of storytelling techniques, devices and studio stage locations to showcase news content in the most compelling and appropriate manner possible
• Builds graphic elements for use in the newscasts
• Monitors and contributes content to the station's digital and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on weekends
• Innovates non-traditional storytelling techniques
• Ability to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure
• Proficient in writing conversational broadcast news copy under deadline
• Computer literacy
• Communicates clearly and effectively/politely with the public in person and over the telephone
A bachelor's degree from a four year college or university preferred. Minimum three years of experience producing television newscasts for broadcast at a commercial television station; four to six years preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zw1x-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.