Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX 11 is looking for a general assignment reporter who has a passion for breaking news, investigations and covering issues of importance to the local audience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Report on general assignment stories for daily newscasts on FOX11.
• Responsible for the accurate reporting of news stories.
• Interview, report, write and present stories as assigned for newscasts and special programs.
• Report live from the scene of breaking news and scheduled and unscheduled events.
• Collaborate with producers and writers on story content and scripts.
• Engage with social media audiences and post to digital platforms as assigned and warranted.
Minimum 2-5 years on-camera experience as reporter in major market preferred. Excellent on-camera reporting with strong interview and writing skills. Excellent ability to report in unscripted breaking news situations. Knowledge of newsroom computer systems, particularly iNews preferred. Ability to filter and disseminate crowd-sourced information while maintaining station standards for fact-checking and accuracy. Excellent people and communication skills. Ability to work well with others, particularly during high-pressure situations. Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overnight and extended hours during unscheduled and breaking news situations. College degree preferred.