Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Without the pictures, it's just radio. That's how important photojournalism is to us.
FOX 5/FOX 5 PLUS, Washington DC's top news station, has an opening for an innovative and cutting edge photojournalist. Candidates should provide examples of their work that display how they tell stories and captivate an audience through the lens of the camera. You will come to us with at least three years of recent on-the-street news experience. You are sharp. You are a doer. You hustle to be the first on the scene. You are a self-starter who shows up every day with a positive attitude and knows there is no ''I'' in team. If this sounds like you, this is the job for you!
• Utilize digital camera and editing equipment to tell captivating stories.
• Use of different camera and media formats to apply techniques appropriately to each story.
• Highly skilled in Edius editing, After Effects, Bitcentral, Panasonic, Sony cameras, and iNews.
• Utilize drones to provide cinematic perspectives and enhanced visual experiences.
• Drone camera operator training for Part 107 pilots.
• Operate Live U packs.
• Shoot, capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
• Assignments include breaking news, investigative features, sports events and political news.
• Daily collaboration with reporters, editors, managers, and other staff members.
• Participate in editorial, department and station meetings.
• Think critically under pressure and work professionally on individual assignments and as part of a cohesive team.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
• HS Diploma (or equivalent). Vocational/technical school or Associate's Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a news photojournalist. Mid to major market preferred.
• Strong communication skills and good judgment.
• Live ENG remote skillset and experience with ENG truck operation, field editing, and satellite trucks.
• Excellent photography, lighting, audio, non-linear editing, and computer skills.
• Superior news judgment.
• Creative and detail-oriented.
• Ability to take direction and work under deadline pressure.
• A valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
Candidates must be able to work flexible hours – early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Candidates must submit resume and video/link of recent work.
FOX 5 DC/FOX 5 Plus operates out of state-of-the-art studios and facilities in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD. We have excellent benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities. Our studios air the most hours of news each week throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and surrounding areas with a viewing audience that is unmatched. Fox 5 is surrounded by a restaurant scene boasting cuisines from around the world, high-end boutiques, outdoor markets and so much more! The Bethesda Metro station is just steps away. Employees have access to the onsite fitness center and building accommodations.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w3k7-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.