Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Stellar news judgment. Captivating storyteller. Polished newscasts. If this connects with you, then your dream job awaits! FOX 5 / FOX 5 Plus, the top news station in the Washington, DC metro area, is looking for a dynamic news writer and producer with a creative vision to take our segments to the next level. You should be a social media enthusiast and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Fully contributing member of the newsroom who will evaluate, edit and organize stories, coordinating with reporters/anchors.
• Produce engaging relevant newscasts that meet the highest journalistic standards.
• Send breaking news push alerts, write digital stories, live stream.
• Edit photos, graphics and videos.
• Daily collaboration with directors, anchors/reporters, editors, managers, and other staff members.
• Think critically under pressure and work professionally on individual assignments and as part of a cohesive team.
• Participate in editorial, department and station meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Minimum three years of newsroom experience, preferably as a newscast producer.
• Minimum two years of experience in a mid to major television market.
• Exceptional written, verbal, copy editing, and broadcast production skills.
• Solid news judgment.
• Excellent storyteller.
• Experience in publishing content on digital and social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
• Creative, detail-oriented, and ability to find new ways to present information.
• Ability to take direction and work under deadline pressure.
Candidates must be able to work flexible hours – early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Candidates must submit examples of recent work.
FOX 5 DC / FOX 5 Plus operates out of state-of-the-art studios and facilities in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD. We have excellent benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities. Our studios air the most hours of news each week throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and surrounding areas with a viewing audience that is unmatched. Fox 5 is surrounded by a restaurant scene offering cuisines from around the world, high-end boutiques, outdoor markets and so much more! The Bethesda Metro station is just steps away. Employees have access to the onsite fitness center and building accommodations. Learn more about our team: https://bit.ly/fox5rocks
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq6kz-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.