Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
The Associate Producer is responsible for gathering, writing and creating content for broadcast, web, mobile and social channels.
• Writes stories and builds graphic elements for news broadcasts under deadline
• Coordinates live coverage of news events and participates in the selection and development of stories
• Creates content for online, mobile and social channels
• Writes and coordinates interviews and field package shoots as needed
• Writes and coordinates reporter live shots and live talk-back interviews
• Assists in control room during newscasts
• Assists with field crew communication and coordination
• Skills in writing conversational broadcast copy incorporating appropriate visual elements under daily deadline pressure
• Proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person and over the phone
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred. Two years of experience producing or newsgathering experience for broadcast at a commercial television station. Editing video segments for broadcast is a plus.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r19j60-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.