News Anchor / Reporter
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Use creativity, unique style, originality, innovation, discretion and good news judgment to gather, prepare and disseminate news stories in the newscasts and during live and taped reports.
• Clearly annunciate and delivery news copy using multiple cameras, Teleprompters, IFB's, monitors, and other broadcast equipment as necessary. Use proper pacing, phrasing, grammar, pronunciation and appropriate emotional range.
• Provide clear, logical, meaningful and appropriate presentation of information and ideas in an unscripted and sometimes distracting environment, such as breaking news or ad-lib situations; handle changes in the newscast smoothly.
• Assume leadership role in the newsroom; by writing and editing copy and provide input on story selection; have active and informed participation in news planning and development.
• Process, prioritize and retain information throughout the newscast, whether from scripts, tapes, interviews, computer messaging, or live reports.
• Research and gather facts/information and write clear concise stories using established style guidelines under deadline pressure as needed.
• Research and gather facts/information to conduct interviews with reporters, analysts and guests on a wide-ranging array of topics
• Be active on social media; engage viewers; promote stories in newscasts and on websites.
• Be in place and ready to perform live 10 minutes prior to your on-air appearance.
• Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts.
• Work independently and with minimal oversight to develop and/or evaluate news leads/tips to develop story ideas.
• Enterprise stories; cultivate sources for news stories; consistently bring ideas to daily news meetings.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current local, national, and international events and issues.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism and online journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
• Act as ambassador for the station to foster public goodwill.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on newsroom standards, and professional demeanor.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Positive Attitude
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Commitment to Excellence
• Job Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of three years' experience working as a reporter and/or anchor in a medium or large market preferred.
EDUCATION: College degree in communications/journalism or related field preferred.
OTHER: Good news judgment and knowledge of fair and accurate journalism practices. Ability to tell stories, ask good probing questions in Q&A with reporters and ad-lib effectively. Strong writing skills and thorough knowledge of current events. Excellent people and communication skills; must be a team player. Working knowledge of newsroom computers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8v72-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.