Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
• Clearly annunciate and delivery news copy using multiple cameras, Teleprompters, IFB's, monitors, and other broadcast equipment as necessary. Use proper pacing, phrasing, grammar, pronunciation and appropriate emotional range.
• Provide clear, logical, meaningful and appropriate presentation of information and ideas in an unscripted and sometimes distracting environment, such as breaking news or ad-lib situations; handle changes in the newscast smoothly.
• Assume leadership role in the newsroom; by writing and editing copy and provide input on story selection; have active and informed participation in news planning and development.
• Process, prioritize and retain information throughout the newscast, whether from scripts, tapes, interviews, computer messaging, or live reports.
• Research and gather facts/information and write clear concise stories using established style guidelines under deadline pressure as needed.
• Research and gather facts/information to conduct interviews with reporters, analysts and guests on a wide-ranging array of topics
• Be active on social media; engage viewers; promote stories in newscasts and on websites.
• Be in place and ready to perform live 10 minutes prior to your on-air appearance.
• Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts.
• Work independently and with minimal oversight to develop and/or evaluate news leads/tips to develop story ideas.
• Enterprise stories; cultivate sources for news stories; consistently bring ideas to daily news meetings.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current local, national, and international events and issues.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism and online journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
• Act as ambassador for the station to foster public goodwill.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on newsroom standards, and professional demeanor.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Positive Attitude
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Commitment to Excellence
• Job Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear.
Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of three years' experience working as a reporter and/or anchor in a medium or large market preferred.
EDUCATION: College degree in communications/journalism or related field preferred.
OTHER: Good news judgment and knowledge of fair and accurate journalism practices. Ability to tell stories, ask good probing questions in Q&A with reporters and ad-lib effectively. Strong writing skills and thorough knowledge of current events. Excellent people and communication skills; must be a team player. Working knowledge of newsroom computers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zxqq-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.