Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
KMSP/WFTC-TV, the FOX-owned and operated duopoly in Minneapolis-St. Paul, is looking for an experienced News Content Editor.
As a News Content Editor, you will gather information and plan evening news coverage and produce original stories for FOX 9's digital, mobile, social and streaming platforms. News Content Editors are responsible for the basic functions of the assignment desk and digital/social/streaming content desk:
• Enterprise news story ideas via phones, social media, email and internet
• Write and distribute the news across our digital and social platforms
• Monitor live video and audio feeds and other sources for breaking news
• Dispatch and manage news crews to cover all aspects of the news day
• Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills to advance a story beyond the basics
• Ability to thrive in a busy environment and under deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong news judgment and ability to research
• Expert knowledge of AP writing style
• Proficiency with YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter publishing
• Basic image and video editing skills
• Ability to work Sunday through Thursday evenings and flexibility to fill in on weekend and holiday shifts
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpk63-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.