Digital Content Manager
Fox TV Stations
Remote / Virtual
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
KTTV is seeking a Chief Meteorologist who is an excellent and professional communicator and presenter, possesses a strong science background and is able to explain the weather story by utilizing graphics and video in a way that explains various weather conditions and helps viewers prepare for their day. The ideal candidate for this position will lead the KTTV weather team and lead the station's efforts to be the weather authority in the market on multiple platforms.
The Chief Meteorologist must be a dynamic presenter and have a superior understanding of math, science and weather as well as being an outstanding communicator internally and externally. The ideal candidate is someone who has mastered every aspect of meteorology, has experience in leading a weather team, and has a passion for winning weather even on regular days by helping viewers plan their day as well as mastery of the weather system to drive ways to improve presentation, graphics and technology.
The Chief Meteorologist must be fully involved in the development of a multi-platform experience for our audience and be a champion for innovation and new ways to present the weather story including new technology. The ideal candidate will strike the right balance between the science of weather and a dynamic on air presentation while providing leadership on the station's weather coverage standards.
• Create and deliver relevant weather presentations that are easily understood by a television audience
• Assists VP/News Director with recruiting for the weather team and developing standards for presentation
• Works with News Management to develop and execute plans for severe weather coverage
• Lead efforts to improve and upgrade weather systems and graphics including new technology
• Lead efforts to improve digital weather products, performance and presence
• Builds weather forecasts, produces computer graphics
• Actively participates in community outreach
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or closely related field; AMS Certification Required
• Minimum 3 years of experience as Chief Meteorologist in medium to large market
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Fluent with new and emerging weather graphics and technology
• Demonstrated experience in dynamic and engaging weather presentations
• Strong communication skills (written/oral)
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines
• Applicable knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources
• Fluent with social media platforms and social management tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or able to learn