FOX Sports is currently looking for a Freelance Scheduling Coordinator in Charlotte, NC. The primary role of the Coordinator is to secure crew members for various programs produced out of the Charlotte facility that air on FOX, FS1, and FS2. The Freelance Scheduling Coordinator also assists in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Scheduling Department ensuring crews are scheduled and compensated appropriately (including tracking COVID testing), creating and communicating weekly schedules, and handling last-minute requests and changes. As the Coordinator, you will interact regularly and closely with personnel of all levels.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as point-of-contact for scheduling and crew communication for all NASCAR shows
• Book studio and control-room crews and maintain a fluid crewing schedule
• Input and monitor crew schedules in a shared production calendar; tracking changes, crew time-off requests, and identifying potential scheduling conflicts
• Disseminate weekly crew reminders with the latest crew rosters and crew call times, communicating revisions as needed
• Handle scheduling issues as it relates to freelancers.
• Daily interaction with freelancers to communicate operational requests or needs
• Create daily sign-out sheets with appropriate billing codes and enter crew hours into the payroll system (FACTS)
• Maintain COVID testing tracking and appropriate compensation
• Maintain crew assignments for designated shows, keeping up-to-date contact lists by position
• Support Senior Production Manager and staff schedulers as needed and provide backfill support for other shows, including Extreme E, MLS, USGA, NCAA Basketball, and Football
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-2 years in a business environment. Familiarity with crewing
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment and work independently
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Relates well to all kinds of people, using diplomacy and tact
• Ability to exercise authority and act with decisiveness as issues related to scheduling arise
• Ability to be flexible with ''off-hours'' communication and the understanding to handle problems in a 24/7 network environment
• Basic calculation of shifts and hours, adhering to crew budgets and pricing
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Google Doc, and Outlook
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Past experience in television production, post-production or a broadcast facility
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzmeq-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.