FOX Sports is looking for a Freelance Post-Production Engineer to join the team in Los Angeles. This position will be filled as a NABET 53 Union Representative.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform system monitoring, verify availability of workstations, virtual machines, servers, and key processes
• Manage environments both on-premises and in the public cloud (AWS, GCP)
• Maintain SAN, NAS Storage infrastructure
• Orchestrate workstation management, imaging, and configuration
• Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues
• Perform software, firmware, and security patches
• Research and implement new technologies
• Produce documentation of systems and standard operating procedures
• Assist operators in resolving technical or operational issues
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Thorough knowledge of operating systems
• Knowledge of Hyperconverged environments including but not limited to: VMware, Dell VxRail
• Experience with remote workflows and software including but not limited to: HP Zcentral, Teradici
• Experience supporting Editing and Graphics applications including but not limited to: Avid, Premiere, Resolve, Adobe CC, Cinema 4D, Maya, Zbrush
• Experience with frame sequence render workflows
• Knowledge in managing medium to large size Active directory
• Understanding of network file sharing protocols: NFS, SMB/CIFS
• Understanding of Layer 3 subnets, VRFs
• Experience with Linux distributions including but not limited to: CentOS, Ubuntu, and Red Hat
• Knowledge of Broadcast specs
• Willingness to work a flexible work schedule with late nights and weekends
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $50.00-53.00 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjm4n2-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.