The Big Ten Network (BTN) is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join the team in Chicago. As the Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for providing payroll services for all freelance employees and support of the BTN Finance department. You will also help administer the strategic goals and objectives of BTN and provide services to management, staff, and production employees. Additionally, you will process timecards for the crew on events produced in the studio with backup capability for remote events, track freelance paperwork, provide freelance payroll customer service, generate payroll related reports in FoxPay (Fox payroll), and maintain payroll issues log including all related new hire paperwork, forms, and work daily with Fox payroll.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure timely receipt of timecards from studio production freelancers and quality check timecards
• Provide customer service to freelance personnel regarding their pay
• Maintain highly confidential information and handle sensitive situations with confidence
• Manage all troubleshooting related to the processing of payroll internally
• Work with Contract Manager to input contract details into FoxPay
• Maintain personnel files
• Coordinate with the HR administration of all BTN interns (in office and on Big Ten campuses) and BTN N.O.W.
• Assist BTN interns (in office and on Big Ten campuses) and BTN N.O.W. with FoxPay enrollment, late timecards, troubleshooting payroll issues, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1+ years of HR or payroll experience
• Knowledge of HR practices, policies, and basic employment law
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
• Exceptional mathematical skills problem-solving skills
• Strong reasoning skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
• Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and business units
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail-oriented and possess strong multi-tasking skills
• Ability to identify work priorities and requirements completing projects on time
• Skilled in establishing ongoing relations of trust and understanding with all employees; understand and support employee needs in a proactive manner
• Strong service orientation; strong teamwork skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working in a production environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnbny-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.