The Fox Sports Post Production department encompasses all of the editorial and show playback work done for live events and studio shows for national broadcasts, which is made up of a small group of innovative and highly skilled technicians who oversee the inbound and outbound digital delivery of Live Event and ENG Content. This includes craft editing, audio editing, live show support, and the technical media support teams.
Fox Sports is looking for an Engineer In Charge to serve as a reference for both workflow and technical requirements for anything in the post production and media playback world. In this role, you will work with editors, producers, engineers, and executives and can speak contextually in all situations. The ability to work in a high-pressure environment and prioritize based on the big picture objectives is critical. As the Engineer In Charge, you are responsible for maintaining different storage tiers, managing EVS playback workflows, and delivering assets to various vendors. You will ensure that all content from the studio required for the team on remote events is delivered properly and that all content on site needed by the studio arrives properly for jewel events like the Super Bowl, FIFA World Cup, MLB Postseason, among others. Additionally, you are the first tier of support for technical issues with the resources involved, including media storage, file transfer systems, replay and playback systems, ENG cameras and cards, and any editing equipment.
The Engineer In Charge is a freelance/daily hire position and a part of a TV workers Union which requires joining NABET-53.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate various types of media files and responding to partners with solutions
• Provide technical support to Premiere editors
• Establish and train the team on new workflows, procedures, and best practices
• Educate various internal teams on technical specifications for Video and Audio
• Work with internal engineering teams to maintain an understanding of our workflows and proficiency of systems
• Lead support efforts with our ticketing platform
• Encode and transcode digital video files
• Identify, analyze, and document technical issues to escalate for immediate resolution
• Upload, ingest, and QC content and metadata
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated
• Trace work in progress using shared departmental systems
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 7 to 10 years of experience in media, audio, video and/or interactive consumer entertainment products, preferably in a live broadcast environment
• Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a collaborative environment with competing deadlines
• Ability to apply logic and critical reasoning to solve problems
• Exceptional organizational, media management, and media cataloging skills
• Experience with EVS Replay tools
• Experience with file transcoding engines such as Telestream Vantage, Telestream Cloud, and Adobe Media Encoder
• Knowledge of digital media formats and streaming protocols
• Proficiency in non-linear editing systems as well as graphic editing software (Adobe CC)
• Knowledge of file transfer tools and delivery systems including Aspera and Signiant
• Knowledge of standard metadata and XML formats
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical and operational problems and challenges
• Strong analytical mindset and comfort with Google Gsuite of products, Excel (including macros, formulas, and pivot tables), and Outlook
• Must have the desire to learn about new technology, exhibit creative problem-solving skills, and display enthusiasm concerning creative alternatives
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to perform some domestic and international travel
• Ability to work nights and weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93by4-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.