FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces at FOX Entertainment. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 30+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager within the Production and Post-Production and Technology department, you are a self-starter who can ambitiously lead and fill a critical role in managing a wide variety of projects for the department's success. Your ability to build cross-functional relationships with team members, technology teams, and outside partners is essential. The Senior Technical Project Manager manages the day-to-day planning, prioritization, and implementation of hardware, applications, services, and software development projects for teams within FOX Entertainment. This position will oversee all the projects across the Production & Post Production Technology department and report to the Director of Studio Products & Services.
We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. An endless curiosity of how to improve our project management processes, while also seeing the satisfaction of others using something you launched. We are seeking someone who has a strong understanding of project management practices, ideally has experience with production and post-production, and is a team player who is interested in managing some great projects within FOX Entertainment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead cross-functional teams to drive multiple projects from initiation to closure, thinking strategically, and building plans that outline key dates, dependencies, and priorities
• Collaborate with your team to define a project's purpose, goals, and overall timelines
• Work with stakeholders, internal teams, departments, and outside partners to drive the progress on projects, and be prepared to navigate changes that will inevitably arise
• Conduct regular project meetings, capture notes, follow up on action items, and be responsible for communicating the status throughout the lifecycle of a project
• Develop and lead working groups to capture technical requirements, create diagrams, document specifications, and design needs that become part of the overall project plan
• Build and maintain relationships within your team, but also across business groups, teams in the technology organization, and with outside partners we work with
• Influence and ensure project management methodologies and best practices are being implemented and adhered to, including informally educating team members on the process
• Create and organize project documentation, and provide and maintain accurate and timely project information in plans, communications, and status reporting
• Assist with vendor onboarding, InfoSec reviews, proposals, invoicing, and budget tracking
• Assist and coordinate with the team to create and manage support requests, triaging issues, adjust prioritizations, create documentation, and follow up with others
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Project management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience in consulting, engineering, or project management, may offset preference for a degree
• 6+ years of experience working with project management practices in consulting, systems engineering, information technology, or software development
• Experience with modern project management tools and applications such as Notion, Slack, Jira, Linear, ServiceNow, Lucidchart, Box, etc… and you are not afraid to use or learn them
• Fluent in Agile methodology and skilled in project management practices
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Effective communication and presentation skills for interaction with executives, business stakeholders, external vendors, and partners
• Ability to balance planning and doing, and know when to switch gears from one to the other
• Ability to put yourself in the position of others, and relate to the challenges they may have
• Be caring about your team, value setting them up for success, and help get things done
• Think strategically, outline goals, anticipate issues, and evaluate processes
• Value organizing information for others to consume, making it easy to understand
• Supportive of diverse perspectives and opinions, welcoming the contribution of others
• An entrepreneur's can-do spirit and enjoy problem-solving within a team
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Experience working with technology in the Media & Entertainment industry, including experience with Production & Post Production workflows, systems, and apps
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvjx7m-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.