The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team seeks a Lifestyle Writer to produce a high volume of content for FoxNews.com, sourced from news sites, press releases, original sources, social media platforms, online forums and more. You will be tasked with closely following trending topics of interest to the FoxNews.com Lifestyle reader, with a particular focus on Americana (including food/drink, travel, and real estate), and also mining potential story pitches from platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as online forums including Reddit, blogs, etc. The Lifestyle Writer would be responsible for using these posts to turn around several short-form articles each day for our Lifestyle sections, including but not limited to Americana, Family, Travel, Food/Drink, and Real Estate. You will contribute to Fox Business/Lifestyle as well as needed.
This is not an on-air position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Lifestyle readers
• Produce several pieces of content per day, based on trending news items of interest to our Lifestyle readers, as directed by your editor(s) and working closely with our team
• Work efficiently to identify, report, write and publish daily articles under strict deadlines
• Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
• Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Research, write and contribute articles to ongoing Features series
• Update the Lifestyle social media accounts as desired by your editor(s)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2+ years of experience
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Lifestyle verticals
• Background reporting and writing for Lifestyle verticals preferred
• Relevant writing experience for online publications
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Excellent communication skills
• Multimedia interests preferred
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Great team play, can-do spirit and ''all-in'' mentality
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-75,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $49,500.00-62,500.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xbzq-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.