Senior Manager, Digital Operations
New York, NY
We are looking for a Vice President & Head of Programming to drive and own projects from ideation to execution. We are looking for a visionary with a healthy obsession for Weather. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to be part of launching and creating a high profile startup venture, powered by FOX News Media.
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
Your passion for weather is off the charts. You live, work and dream about producing compelling weather programming on every screen utilizing the best talent, the most innovative technology, and inspiring creative ideas.
You will help seed, grow and lead a brand new team. You'll be part of the development of a 24/7 schedule that will include much more than the traditional forecast ''wheel''; We'll be first with breaking weather news, utilizing both Fox Weather personalities and the strength of our own Fox stations and dozens of highly accomplished meteorologists with varied interests and specialties.
You'll create programs about the most powerful weather events, and also a daily schedule that includes explorations of innovative science and technology, climate, geology, space adventure, to name a few.
This position reports to the President of FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage a team of weather specialists, producers, writers, and studio production staff
• Help shape, create, and oversee production of new original programming for FOX Weather App and streaming channel
• Oversee breaking weather news coverage and interface with FOX News Media and Television meteorologists, contributors, and staff
• Collaborate with everyone from graphic artists, to studio designers, to production teams, to on and off-air talent
• Set highest editorial standards and manage on and off-air talent with utmost level of professionalism in fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 10 years professional programming and production experience, including live control room skills
• Experience in local and national news and current affairs, and breaking news
• Experience and understanding of OTT, VOD, & streaming digital content on all platforms
• Enthusiasm for getting new products and platforms going and the creative energy to ignite great ideas and highly motivate direct reports and staff
• Excellent communication skills, a great collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
• Knowledge of weather and meteorology, including forecasting tools and technology
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.