Freelance Stage Manager - Fox Weather
FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launching in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel's expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations' added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional, and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term. FOX Weather is available via foxweather.com, the FOX Weather app on IOS and Android devices, as well as Tubi, Apple TV, Amazon, and Roku, through FOX's Connected TV Apps.
We are seeking a Stage Manager to join our NY Bureau. As the Stage Manager, you manage the studio floor in a fast-paced News Production environment and serve as a primary liaison between the control room, on-air talent, and studio crew. You provide technical operational support our studio and control room team. You must be experienced with Studio Operations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• You have leadership skills and have the ability to read a show rundown
• You will set up and break down show sets
• Give talent accurate time cues and relay when the show is going into/coming out of commercial breaks
• Attentive to the changes within a live studio environment and clearly communicate those changes with talent and/or studio crew, when necessary
• Responsible for the upkeep and use of studio microphones and IFB positions in studio
• Put on and remove all mics and IFBs from hosts and guests prior to and after their appearance.
• Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for live and pre-recorded programming.
• Assist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production, including data and laptop set-up on set
• Create and distribute show notes to the Stage department and Tech Ops managers
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast-paced dynamic studio environment
• Ability to work under pressure
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2 years of experience in a TV Studio environment
• Proficiency in INews
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqbjb-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.