Copy Editor, News Digital
New York, NY
We are looking for a Senior Editor/Writer to join our growing digital team. Your main responsibility will be creating compelling content focused on Fox's subscription-based online streaming service Fox Nation, but you will also be tasked with covering Fox News Channel, Fox Radio, and other corners of the Fox brand. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work with producers, editors, and writers across departments to coordinate coverage and deliver interesting pieces to the readers. You have the ability to write and edit on a deadline.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write, edit, and coordinate coverage of Fox Nation/Fox News programming
• Pitch/file/edit several stories on a daily basis
• Write clear, concise articles quickly and accurately
• Maintain and closely monitor web traffic
• Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Familiarity with Fox Nation/Fox News audience and Fox News Digital readers
• A self-starter attitude with strong news judgment for a digital audience
• Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
• Prior television experience is a plus!
• Strong communication and writing skills especially for crisp, short stories and headlines
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings or weekends as required
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.