Fox News Digital is looking for an experienced Senior Editor to join our team leading news coverage for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. You have previously led a news desk or large team of reporters and editors in a major newsroom. You will be responsible for directing editorial coverage by assigning stories, editing, and approving pitches from reporters and editors across all verticals. Your team is responsible for covering the full range of breaking news of general assignment, political and business coverage. You are fluent in AP style, can bring copy to life, and understand our dynamic audience. You are skilled at turning sharp, fast stories, headlines and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in news & political journalism.
You may be offered one of the following shifts or ranges in the schedules as follows (ET):
Sunday - Thursday from 6 AM – 2 PM
Sunday – Thursday from 7 AM – 3 PM
Sunday – Thursday from 2 PM – 10 PM
Wednesday – Sunday from 6 AM – 2 PM
Wednesday – Sunday from 7 AM – 3 PM
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with Managing Editors & Deputy Managing Editors on newsgathering and performance enhancement plans
• Lead team of editors and reporters and ensure they are meeting the mission of exclusive and original reporting
• Long and short-term editorial planning
• Oversee story assignments for day-to-day news coverage
• Approve and reject pitches from reporters and editors that touch all content verticals on the news desk
• Work quickly in breaking news situations to help our news team be fast and precise
• Write and report only if necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 6 years of experience in news, TV or daily video
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• Prior management experience for 3 years in a newsroom setting overseeing a team of reporters & editors when applicable
• Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics, etc.) to monitor, and build traffic is required
• Exceptional knowledge of politics and current events
• Experience using content management systems
• Knowledge of AP style
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to the next shift
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings or weekends as required; possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• A self-starter with excellent news judgment for a digital audience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-123,600.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $98,333.25-103,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g444zq-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.