Executive Producer - Head Of Programming - Weather
New York, NY
We are looking for a Senior Director, Content & Media to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, the go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will play a critical role in determining how FOX Weather creates, acquires, curates, and distributes weather content for a digital audience. With your digital-first mindset, you will be a key leader on the FOX Weather content team that is responsible for shaping our content strategy across all platforms. As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to help build FOX Weather from the ground up!
This position reports to the President of FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the Head of Programming and Director & Head of Video Optimization to create a comprehensive digital content strategy
• Manage use and continual evolution of the FOX Weather CMS
• Develop, implement, and manage FOX Weather's push alert strategy
• Direct pace and allocation of publishing activities across distribution channels
• Maximize brand awareness, audience engagement, and other important KPIs – adjusting strategy as needed based on results
• Ensure every avenue of newsgathering is leveraged and surfaced on digital platforms, including the very best of user-generated content
• Oversee internal and partner content publishing, ensuring it meets journalistic standards, is on-brand, and is optimized for search
• Partner with internal stakeholders on collaborative efforts, sharing, and cross-promoting digital content
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 10 years of experience in media
• At least 5+ years of experience in weather
• Strong understanding of and proven success managing digital platforms
• Excellent oral and communication skills
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a high-expectations environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.