This team is part of the Resource Operation Center at Fox Media and will work closely with Remote Coordination and Transmission. It is the responsibility of the Resource Operation Coordinator to manage all transmission assets including leased and occasional use fiber networks, satellite transponders, uplinks, downlinks, video conferencing, and streaming assets for Fox Media. This includes booking all home/vendor studios and helping producers secure the most reliable and cost-effective studios for their guests. These Operators will all be involved with ingesting all Audio/Video in Fox Media, as well as assisting with pre-checking and scheduling guests on different types of video conferencing software. Resource Operation Coordinators are consistently multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and communicating between departments to ensure all parties are aware of any technical issues. These operators are team players that love solving problems and helping others work through complex technical issues in a constantly evolving breaking news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book all Home and vendor studios for Fox Media
• Manage all transmission assets including leased and occasional use fiber networks, satellite transponders, uplinks, downlinks, video conferencing, and streaming assets for Fox Media
• Work with guest bookers to secure the most reliable and cost effective facilities
• Work with Fox Media's Assignment Desk and Field Operations to secure and deploy resources for breaking news
• Collaborate with Fox Media Production, Engineering, and the Resource Operation Center for special events and remote shows
• Help assist Fox affiliates and partners with their transmission requests
• Ingest and quality control all incoming audio/video feeds
• Pre-check and schedule guests on different types of video conferencing software for live air
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor Degree in an applicable area of study and 2+ years of experience
• Basic knowledge of satellite, fiber, teleport, and IP transport technologies
• Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical and organizational skills
• The ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and intense environment
• Must work flexible hours including nights, overnights, and weekends
• Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Experience in broadcast or affiliate news services
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m52m-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.