The Fox News Lifestyle team is seeking an online Lifestyle Reporter to produce a high volume of content for FoxNews.com, including those sourced from, but not limited to, social media platforms and online forums. This person would be tasked with closely following - and mining potential story pitches from - platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter , as well as other news sources. The Lifestyle Reporter would be responsible for turn ing around both short-form and long-form articles for Lifestyle, including but not limited to Faith, Family, Americana, Travel, Food & Drink, Culture, and Real Estate. This position is a remote position; also, it is not an on-air position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report and write about the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Lifestyle readers , as well as deeper-dive stories
• Produce several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts and other news sources
• Work efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish daily articles under strict deadlines
• Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
• Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiatives
• Research, write, and contribute articles to ongoing features series
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 - 5 years of experience reporting and writing, preferably with Lifestyle verticals
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• Ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Lifestyle verticals
• Relevant writing experience for online publications, preferably in a newsroom setting
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Ability to work independently and efficiently during the weekend shifts
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to work tentatively Tuesday thru Saturday
• Multimedia interests preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbxb9-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.