FoxNews.com is looking for an Entertainment Reporter to produce and create original entertainment and celebrity content. You are a seasoned journalist with years of experience in a major newsroom. You have a wide range of sources that will enable you to break entertainment news and dig in on original and exclusive reporting. This is not an on-air position.
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualize and execute original entertainment reporting
• Report on breaking entertainment news events that occur, make necessary calls to PR, law enforcement, and attorneys on fast-breaking stories, as well as write quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for developing stories
• Work quickly and efficiently to identify and write entertainment and celebrity content that clicks on the homepage and is picked up by search engines
• Write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and present images that click across FoxNews.com
• Constantly track analytics and make necessary content adjustments to be sure traffic goals are being met
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 5+ years covering celebrities and entertainment content for a major national website or magazine
• Understanding of Photoshop and knowledge of basic photo editing
• Thorough knowledge of AP Style
• Comprehensive knowledge of today's entertainment and celebrity landscape
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; posses ''on-call'' mentality and is prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ze2k-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.