Fox News EDGE serves nearly 180 newsrooms, providing content that is a cornerstone of local newscasts on FOX television stations across the country. Fox News EDGE is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and writing skills to fill an associate producer position at the EDGE New York headquarters. The associate producer will pitch and write stories, edit VOs and VOSOTSs for distribution and field requests from EDGE client newsrooms. The associate producer can expect opportunities for occasional package producing and/or field producing. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate with local Fox News Edge affiliates in certain markets to obtain news content from stations and to fulfill station requests for content
• Find elements, log events, identify news developments, and write scripts
• Work closely with Fox affiliates to facilitate requests and answer questions on daily news stories
• Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with editors to make sure EDGE delivers visually compelling stories.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Strong editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Strong writing skills with a focus on accuracy and proper grammar
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, a plus
• Understanding of general media usage rules and best practices
• An unwavering commitment to providing editorially, visually, and grammatically sound news stories
Must be flexible with your schedule to work nights, overnights, and weekends as necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97n19-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.