Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill a producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. The producer will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics and deliver compelling live shots and packages. You must be willing to ask the tough questions, get the latest elements into a story and move content forward. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories is critical to success in this position. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, logs events, and identifies news developments.
• Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington-based and political stories.
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Deploy in the field when needed to newsgather and field produce live shots
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments.
• Build graphics, chyrons, and lower thirds for story delivery.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Work with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages both in-house and in the field
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various DC government agencies
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and ScheduAll a plus
Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to travel and work both weekdays and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nzyj-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.