New York, NY
We are looking for a creative, thorough, and hardworking Producer to join Fox News Primetime. As the Producer, you will be responsible for pitching stories, writing scripts, selecting/building elements, and producing packages in a collaborative team environment. You're well versed in politics, culture & current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a clever writer & excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique angles/approaches to stories that no one else will find. You also see yourself as an aspiring leader - confident enough in your own ideas to present them in front of a group that includes high-profile talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to help launch a brand new show - please come prepared to tell us what makes you unique - and demonstrate the value that only you can bring to our brand new team!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch unique guests, stories & segments
• Conduct in-depth research
• Write stories, guest intros, teases, banners, and questions
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics and current events
• Familiarity with popular influencers, commentators, and opinion makers
• Ability to work collaboratively with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
NICE TO HAVE
• Bachelor's degree in television, journalism, or a related field
• Experience in a live control room
• Experience interacting with high profile talent
• Deep understanding of history and its impact on current events
Hours: Weekdays 12pm-8pm
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.