News Associate - Rotational Program
ANHQ DC seeks a Producer with experience producing news for television. Excellent editorial judgment, an understanding of fair and balanced journalism, and knowledge of national politics are a must. The ability to write with urgency, style, brevity, salesmanship is crucial to this role to deliver substantial news in a highly-produced environment. You will be working with reporters to advance stories and break news. Duties include but not limited to: idea generation, booking guests, producing segments/live shots/packages/graphics, field producing.
You will be offered the following schedule/shift: Wed-Fri 9a-5p, Sat 6a-2:30p, Sun 6:30a-2:30p EST
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use your knowledge of current events including national politics and strong editorial judgment to pitch newsmaker and informative guest interviews
• Lead the booking team in getting ANHQ interesting and informative guests
• Use your digital tape and graphic experience to help booking team produce well-crafted and illustrated segments
• Use your ability to work well in a fast-paced and intense atmosphere
• Use your familiarity with iNews, VIZ and an understanding of building program rundowns to help the Line Producer, and fill in for the Line Producer when they are on vacation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of political reporting in broadcast, print or digital work environment
• Exceptional editorial judgment
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Flexibility to work various shifts when needed, and a willingness to travel when necessary
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.