Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, proactive Overnight Assignment Editor to join our Assignment Desk team at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for individuals with strong news judgment who will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. Assignment Editors report directly to the Affiliate Manager and work closely with field producers and line producers, as well as other Fox News units, to integrate our coverage throughout all Fox News platforms.
Applicants should be able to work overnight shifts 5 days a week.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
• Communicating with officials and sources for editorial information
• Monitoring both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
• Identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
• Acquiring news material for use on FNC and our properties
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2-4 years of network or major media market newsgathering experience
• Strong editorial judgment
• A passion for current and breaking events
• Familiarity with iNews
• Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
• An interest in international news
• Ability to find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information
• Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories, and coordination of field teams
• A love for problem-solving
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmopx-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.