Field Correspondent - Weather
New York, NY
FOX Weather is looking for Multimedia Journalists who can shoot, write, edit, produce, and report content for all platforms in a clear and engaging way.
FOX Weather is a high-profile startup from the biggest name in news. It will harness cutting-edge tech to bring critical information to audiences in real time. Using FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide compelling and customized weather content across multiple platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories and carry out assignments while working closely with the FOX Weather newsgathering team
• Research, write, and report compelling stories with creative graphics for all FOX Weather platforms
• Shoot and edit video, while incorporating digital and social media platforms to both gather and report news
• Voice and track material and perform occasional on camera standups and live shots
• Arrange interviews with experts and witnesses as needed
• Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, while following FOX's editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Operate drone to get the latest video of weather events and their aftermath
• Ensure that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Minimum 4 years' experience in field reporting
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or a related field
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.