Freelance Makeup Artist
The Makeup artist will be part of a team of artists responsible for readying Fox News Anchors, reporters, and contributors to appear on television. The role will require a high level of proficiency in makeup artistry for both men and women, as well as the ability to work extremely quickly and have an understanding of the pace of cable television news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Makeup application in a manner appropriate for television for both men and women. Often this must be accomplished very quickly with a high level of skill, especially for women
• Provide excellent customer service for those who are visiting the Fox News Channel and always project a friendly, helpful demeanor for talent and other staff alike
• Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
• Be a team player at all times. Jumping in to help others who are readying talent for air, as well as being a good steward of the makeup room and sharing in this responsibility with other artists
• Keeping the makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy, and free of clutter and identifying for management products that need to be replenished so that supplies are well stocked
• Understanding that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Demonstrated ability of television makeup and hair for both men and women
• Minimum 1-2 years' experience in working in the field of hair and makeup for television news
• Meticulous and careful in their work with a very high personal standard of excellence
• A positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the extremely professional behavior that is necessary as a representative of Fox News Media involved in greeting and looking, after all, appearing on the air
• Promptness and dependability is a must
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80p96-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.