Booker, Your World With Neil Cavuto
New York, NY
We are looking for a skilled Freelance Information Specialist with a passion for politics, research, and current events to join our team. You will work closely with key members of the organization to research, analyze and break down newsworthy topics. This specialist will also provide well-sourced, detailed information that confirms facts, adds context, and informs our national audience.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Retrieve, analyze and produce detailed research on newsworthy topics
• Produce briefing books and political backgrounders that will be distributed throughout the organization
• Provide information for special projects and planned events like Congressional hearings, elections, and topical town halls
• Proactively provide compelling information for Fox facts, tweets, and story pitches
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of experience in a research role and/or strong internships in a professional live news environment
• Knowledge of boolean operators and databases including but not limited to LexisNexis, Factiva, and Accurint
• Strong writing skills and the ability to write in a clear and concise format.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including regular weekend hours, early mornings or evenings, and holidays
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments under tight deadlines and extreme pressure
• A passion for politics, government, and the news
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkob1-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.