New York, NY
Fox News' Brain Room is looking for a skilled Information Specialist with a passion for politics, research, and current events to join our team. You will work closely with key members of the organization to research, analyze and break down newsworthy topics. You will also provide well-sourced, detailed information that confirms facts, adds context, and informs our national audience.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Retrieve, analyze and produce detailed research on newsworthy topics
• Produce briefing books and political backgrounders that will be distributed throughout the organization
• Provide information for special projects and planned events like Congressional hearings, elections, and topical town halls
• Proactively provide compelling information for Fox facts, tweets and story pitches
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree would be a plus
• 3+ years of experience in a research role and/or strong internships in a professional live news environment
• Knowledge of Boolean operators and databases including but not limited to LexisNexis, Factiva, and Accurint
• Strong writing skills and the ability to write in a clear and concise format
• Willing to work a flexible schedule, including regular weekend hours, early mornings or evenings, and holidays
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments under tight deadlines and extreme pressure
• A passion for politics, government, and the news
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.