Weather Producer / Meteorologist
New York, NY
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and driven producer with live news experience and a desire to lead. As the Hybrid Producer, you will create and line produce top-rated news broadcasts on weekends, as well as work closely with a talented team of writers, segment producers, bookers, and control room staff. You will work in a fast-paced newsroom-environment and will be tasked to deliver a quality and competitive product. Your schedule would be Wednesday through Sunday.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualize and build compelling broadcasts based on news of the day
• Oversee selection of video, sound bites, and graphics
• Assign duties, scripts, and tasks to writers, PA's and AP's
• Oversee editing
• Oversee script writing/editing/editorial direction for your broadcast(S)
• Write and copy edit concise stories for television
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 7+ years of experience in television production
• Substantial experience working and ''running'' a television news control room
• Strong writing skills and excellent editorial judgment
• Experience interacting with high profile talent and guests
• A passion for news and current events
• A solid grasp of the political stories of the day
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be willing to work weekends and nights and other various shifts
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yb6m-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.