We are looking for a Director, HR to support our Tech Operations group. As Director, you will champion our mission, vision and core values and provide solutions to employee related matters by supporting the business and driving greater efficiency.
Operating in a hands-on manner, you will focus on employee relations, performance management, compliance, and the overall employee experience.
Our team is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce and helping them flourish in our new, state of the art technology facility and be based in Tempe, Arizona.
A Snapshot of Your Responsibilities:
• Provide advice and guidance to management as needed when labor relations issues arise, including advice and counseling, training as we build our culture
• Conduct New Hire Orientation and exit interviews. Analyze and leverage insights to present trends and recommend improvements to senior management
• Champion and drive a culture of high performance, innovation and accountability
• Participates in building out capstone projects in partnership with local universities
• Translate stakeholder expectations and business plans into talent and organizational plans by consulting with leadership
• Analyze current human resources policies to determine overall state of employee relations and make innovative changes to improve morale, efficiency and overall performance
• Coordinate with HR and other departments to create and sustain positive employee relations and facilitate effective communications between employees and management
• Develop and present informational briefings for management to improve understanding of current labor relations topics and promote improved management solutions
• Leverages data to understand effectiveness of current workforce solutions, makes recommendations to improve solutions or engage in new solutions
• Assist management during crisis situations, such as organizing campaigns, to facilitate effective responses and resolve issues quickly
• Attend local career fairs to assist with campus recruitment
• Monitor and administer Arizona specific programs such as Maricopa County Trip Reduction Plan
• Foster an environment of diversity and inclusion where employees can bring their true self to work.
• Bachelor's degree in labor relations, human resources, or related field
• Minimum 6+ years' experience in human resources
• Minimum 3+ years' experience working in a unionized environment
• Strong decision-making skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Exceptional verbal and written communications abilities with conflict resolution experience
• Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of success partnering with managers and staff
• Detail-oriented and dedicated to meeting deadlines
• Professional training in labor law or collective bargaining experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11ybe-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.