Freelance Hair Stylist
As a Freelance Hairstylist for Fox News, you know how to ready a person for their close-up! Your skills in hair styling guarantee that you can make anyone feel confident in their own skin. You will be a member of a team of artists responsible for preparing Fox News anchors, reporters, and contributors to appear on national television. This role will require a high level of proficiency in hair styling for both men and women, as well as the ability to understand and work in the rapidly changing environment of cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Style hair in a manner appropriate for television - This has to be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller sets, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hairstyle for women
• Provide excellent customer service for Fox all who are visiting Fox News by always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve problems by proposing solutions
• Be a dedicated teammate at all times, Jump in to help others who are readying talent for air, Be a good steward of the hair and makeup room by sharing in this responsibility with your other colleagues
• Keep the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy, and free of clutter, and identify products that need to be replenished to management so that supplies are well stocked
• Understand that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of experience working in the field of television makeup and hair
• Demonstrated ability of hairstyling for both men and women
• A high personal standard of excellence that leads you to be meticulous and careful in your work
• A warm, positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a very professional manner as a representative of Fox News Channel when greeting and looking after talent appearing on air
• Promptness and dependability
• Candidates must be flexible with their schedule as shifts change frequently depending on breaking news
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp253-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.